November 13, 2011

Discussion: CAF CL Final

Thanks to Chefren, there is another discussion about an incident in a football match.
In the CAF Champions League Final the Ivorian top referee Noumandiez Doue sent a player off for the following infringement:


You can post your comments below and I will write parts of them down in this thread.


Opinions about the situation

Niclas, GER:
"To my mind the red card was correctly issued. The border which draws the line between a normal foul and a violent conduct or a rude foul has been passed in my opinion, therefore Doue was absolutely right to send the player off.
Two further aspects should be mentioned, on the one hand that it was a CL final so that one has to stress Doue's courage (although this shows that he must have been sure..), but on the other hand I doubt that it must take 1 minute and 40 seconds for a referee to send a player off, this should have happened much quicker."

Chefren, ITA:
"Look at the right hand of Doue, immediatly after the foul, he was sure about red card. Then, some players surrounded him, for this reason he began to have problems in showing the card. But, finally, he did it. I totally agree with the red; we can blame maybe the way, but he totally took a right decision.
And we have to point out also that the ball wasn't so near to them. But the referee was in a very good position to watch everything. I think there wasn't suggestion by assistant or other.
Furthermore, after the issued red card, some players with their behaviours were liable to other cards, in my opinion, due to their exaggerated complaints." 


Carlos, COL:
"Finally a good desicion by Doue :-) However, the lack of authority is not good as he had to be able to get the card out without having to explain the decision to all the players.." 

Edward, GRE:  
"I absolutely agree with Carlos. The decision is correct. No discussion about that. But Mr Doue must show to the players that he is the "boss" inside the field. Obviously, the players didn't let Doue show the card and that is a problem."  

12 Comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning me in the post.
    Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the full match too, and I'm still waiting for a possible download (not yet available).
    I looked at scoreboard of the match on a website, and I noticed this straight red card, so I looked for it on youtube.
    Now, there are important things to say, also in my opinion.
    Look at the right hand of Doue, immediatly after the foul, he was sure about red card. Then, some players surrounded him, for this reason he began to have problems in showing the card. But, finally, he did it.
    I totally agree with the red.
    We can blame maybe the way, but he totally took a right decision.
    And we have to point out also that the ball wasn't so near to them. But the referee was in a very good position to watch everything.
    I think there wasn't suggestion by assistant or other.
    Furthermore, after the issued red card, some players with their behaviors were liable to other cards, in my opinion, due to their exaggerated complaints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree.
    I am going to make the same procedure as this time (this phrase reminds me on Freddie Frinton..) with the FdB post. Presenting your opinions on him etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finaly a good desicion by Doue :-) But It is not good the lack of authority he had to be able to get the card out with out having to explain the desicion to all the players...

    ReplyDelete
  4. FDB's last match: :(

    http://www.frankdebleeckere.com/2011/11/allerlaatste-wedstrijd-op-zaterdag-17-december/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thomas Gangl has been appointed for friendly Greece - Romania, to play today in Austria. I want to ask how come it is possible, since he is not a FIFA referee. I have also read that in the past he refereed other international friendlies.
    I think Peter from Wien could explain it as well.
    Thanks in advance for your answer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There were a couple of Austrian non-FIFA refs who were in charge of friendlies prior to WC 2010, many African teams played friendlies in the Alpes..

    Gangl perhaps as new FIFA referee?
    I remember many cases when non-FIFA referee were in charge of friendly matches, e.g. Alfonso Alvarez Izquierdo in Algeria-Argentina or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely agree with Carlos. The decision is correct. No discussion about that. But Mr Doue must show to the players that he is the "boss" inside the field. From what we show the players didn't let Doue show the card and that is a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. UEFA has unfolded the visual appearance of Munich Final, do not mean what they mean with German Expressionism.. but ok, it looks quite ok.
    If I have a bit luck, I will get two cards for Munich, hope to see then Barca, Real..and Rizzoli.

    ReplyDelete
  9. forgot the link
    http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1715843.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another announcement:
    Carlos made a list with points for all the South American refs in the year 2011. I have started that as well, of course, there are still a few matches but I doubt that anyone can reach Kassai...
    It is some kind of ranking as IFFHS (or IHFFS?), this stupid organization, always makes it, but not only considering the appointments, but also and especially the perfomances..I can surely say one thing: Stark is ahead Brych, Proenca is ahead of both Germans.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "the German Expressionist movement and a diverse array of modern architecture based around the city of Munich"

    A serious thing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course I know the "Deutscher Expressionismus", but I hate that UEFA always puts that into those things, of course, the layout of Wembley Final last year was superb, but as German I can surely say that this era has nothing to do with our everyday life and I would not count that to our tradition at all. Nonetheless, I find it pretty succeeded..

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © . The 3rd Team
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger